Friday, March 18, 2016

Sample Letter to Professionals

[Your Name]
24120 W. Fort Beggs Drive
Plainfield, IL 60544
March 18, 2016

[Recipient Name]
Web address
Email address

Dear [Recipient Name]:
My name is Aaron Lawler and I am a student at Plainfield Central High School. [Interest Sentence] I have been taking photographs ever since my family went on vacation to South Dakota, and post my images to Instagram where I have received a great deal of positive feedback.

[Skills and knowledge paragraph] I have a Nikon D60 and shoot most of my photos in RAW. I have been in photography class where we have learned to use the advance techniques and tools in Adobe Photoshop CS. I am passionate about art and photography, have a strong aesthetic sense, am very creative, and have won multiple contests with my work.

[Profession Sentence] As a student I would like to learn more about the career of photography and learn how to take stronger pictures, become a better communicator and develop my people skills. [Project sentence] In order to learn more about the careers in photography, my Digital Photography and Imaging class is doing a research project on professionals in the field. [Future Career Sentence] I would like to train to be a fashion photographer, and someday work with models. In my project, I am looking up this career and getting the information needed in order to enter this field.

[Why Statement] Because I have been so impressed by your work, I was wondering if you could answer a few questions for me. Why did you choose to become a professional photographer? Do you enjoy your work? What makes your work unique or different? What makes you successful?

[Project follow up and Questions] So now that you know a little about me and my school project, I was wondering if you could give me some advice. Would you be willing to look at some of my portfolio images and give me advice/critiques/feedback?

[Thank you] Thank you so much for taking the time for reading this letter. I really appreciate any help you can offer me. I look forward to speaking with you and getting your response. It really means a lot that a professional, such as yourself, would help out an up-and-coming artist. [Closing] You can contact me at: YOUR EMAIL.

Sincerely,
[Your Name]

Photography Student

No comments:

Post a Comment